Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
Perform technical problem-solving skills using quality tools and knowledge in support of company goals. Examples: failure analysis, six sigma, lean manufacturing, FMEA, reliability predictions, and First Article inspections. Support technical documentation duties related to contract reviews, customer specification reviews, drawing changes, quality notes, and product environmental compliance. Support customer product and process audits. Perform internal quality audits to ensure compliance with company procedures. Present cost of quality data at monthly management review. Previous experience with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 is a plus. Must possess good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Net-Inspect.
- B.S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree and 1-3 years Quality experience required.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining quality systems, working knowledge of MIL standards and commercial standards.
- Internal auditing experience (ISO 9001 and/or AS9100).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and experience working with customers.
- Able to work independently on tasks and projects as well as in a team environment.
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible for this position.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.