Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
To Perform the more difficult and complex mechanical maintenance and repair of buildings, building equipment, and production equipment in several areas of skill. Works independently using any required tools and equipment following general to limited instructions. Operates, troubleshoots, and repairs a wide variety of utility equipment including air compressors, boilers, various types of water systems, ventilation blowers, etc. Performs general carpentry and repairs such as flooring, drywall, painting, hanging, etc. Installs modular office furniture and moves and rearranges spaces as needed. Oversees contracted building maintenance (janitorial, landscaping, etc.) as required by Facilities Supervisor.
- Four (4) years of apprenticeship as maintenance and repair mechanic or six (6) years industrial mechanic experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently and service/rebuild common industrial mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, etc.).
- General Carpentry experience (tiling, framing, drywall repair and painting, doors/locks).
- Light metalworking experience (metal brake, welder, lathe, milling machine) preferred.
- MA Driver’s License. Willingness to obtain certificates in Wastewater Treatment, Hoist Operator, Hot Work, Hazmat.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.