Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
- In-process inspection of solder workmanship on PCB assemblies and Cable/Wire Harness assemblies.
- Communicate with Engineering and Manufacturing to resolve non-conformance issues.
- In-process data collection/inspection log sheets, analysis and presentation.
- Provide company personnel technical guidance and use MS Outlook, Word, and Excel as needed.
- In-process mechanical inspection using Micro-Hite height gage and/or digital calipers.
- Experience with J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 a must. MIL-STD-883, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and current certifications a plus.
- Experience working with revision controlled drawings and maintaining AS9100 quality systems.
- Minimum 1 year printed circuit board inspection experience, hybrid microelectronic devices (ribbon bonds), etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers in a team environment and a Class 100,000 cleanroom, as needed.
- Good verbal/written communication skills and good penmanship (legible quality records). Some customer interactions.
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible for this position.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.