Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
Specific responsibilities entail the mechanical design, analysis, and documentation of vacuum electron devices from concept to production. Candidate will be responsible for yield improvement, corrective actions, cost reductions, and other activities supporting manufacturing. Requires good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with all other internal functional groups as well as suppliers and customers.
- BSME and a minimum of 2 years' experience preferred.
- Experience with 3D CAD tools.
- Experience with mechanical analysis including structural and thermal.
- Experience with materials and fabrication techniques including microwave materials, machine shop practices, plating, vacuum systems, furnace brazing, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain/maintain a D.O.D. security clearance.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.