Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
- Design High Voltage Modules (typically 150kV), High Voltage Power Supplies, Motor Control and Analog/Digital circuits, for high-end medical X-ray Generators, in our matrix environment
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Technicians and Technologists to design, investigate, analyse and resolve design issues, including circuit layouts considering their physical locations in the generator system and their mechanical properties
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Production Test, QC/QA and Customer Support, during development and as part of continuous improvements and cost reduction for our products
- Coordinate with Marketing and Customers to identify and implement new requirements and features and customizations. Proven Project Engineering experience
- Lead the creation and maintenance of Design Documentation
- 1-3 years’ experience designing Power Electronics circuits of several topologies and power levels to meet good Reliability and EMC requirements.
- General knowledge of dielectric materials and physics of gas/liquid/ solid high voltage high frequency environments.
- Experience with High Voltage designs and practical EM field limitations and Dielectric applications will be a definite asset
- An enthusiastic team player, detail oriented, task focused
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience under ISO9001 Design and Manufacturing environments, as well as DFM, DFT, Hazard Analysis/Risk Assessment
- Practical experience with P-SPice and ANSYS simulation platforms would be an asset