Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Provide leadership for developing and directing manufacturing and plant initiatives for company products.
• Communicate expectations; monitor and appraises job results; provide appropriate training and development; assists with interviews of new applicants and selection of new employees
• Ensures a proactive safe working environment
• Follow all HR policies and procedures and applicable employment laws
• Manage long-term strategic plans and tactical implementation of production systems
• Develop systems to evaluate, score, and implement manufacturing business system process improvements.
• Tracks KPI metrics for all manufacturing and production operations.
• Support new product development and continuous improvement by integrating tools (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) into processes.
• Assist in training employees in problem-solving techniques and on-the-spot production troubleshooting.
• Determine optimum manufacturing processes and raw material usage.
• Work closely with QA and manufacturing engineers on quality issues to provide solutions to issues.
• Select the appropriate capital equipment as needed and create a business case for requirements.
• Identify areas for waste reduction.
• Develop plant or process flow layouts to improve productivity.
• Provide cost analysis as required by senior management.
• Monitor workflow outputs, sets group priorities, and identifies issues to ensure performance to schedule
• Ensures communication of key business objectives and customer issues to employees
• Exemplifies and fosters teamwork within the company
• Identify relevant training needs and opportunities.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
• Minimum 8 years of direct work experience with production, inventory and standard cost systems, manufacturing regulations, guidelines and associated standards.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively impact and influence others
• Sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
• Proficient in MS Office products and ERP systems (JD Edwards an asset)
• Working knowledge of ISO9000 systems
• Detail oriented and analytical thinker, with strong identification and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams
• Direct knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and methodologies.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under Export and Imports Permits Act of Canada and the Controlled Goods Program(CGP). The successful candidate must be able to pass the CGP security assessment.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.