Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
- Participate in the development of RF power amplifiers from prototype to mass production.
- Work closely with senior design engineers and manufacturing engineers to incorporate lessons learns into new products. Continuously push the boundaries in terms of delivering superior quality products with minimal cost and complexity.
- Convert high level system requirements into conceptual designs and develop prototypes.
- Follow CPI’s processes to go through detailed design reviews. Participate in documentation and configuration management of new and existing products.
- Interface with Business Development team and customers to determine technical requirements/solutions. Provide technical analysis for proposal activities.
- Provide support for Manufacturing Engineers to resolve production problems. Troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend repair procedures for complex RF products and tests systems.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to maintain CPI’s technological edge.
- Engineering project management
- Drive continuous quality improvement and cost reduction in the design of new products
- Participate in the design, optimization, and documentation of production processes and test systems
- Interfaces with customers and subcontractors to resolve performance problems
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering is required; M.Sc. or PhD would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in RF circuit design is required. Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Excellent understanding of Electromagnetics theory is required.
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with RF circuits and power amplifier design is required. L-band and Ka band experience would be an asset.
- Experience with EM simulation tools (i.e. ADS, HFSS) is required; experience with mechanical modelling tools (i.e. SolidWorks, Creo/Pro-E, AutoCAD) would be an asset.
- Hands-on experience with RF components, couplers, attenuators, waveguide components, block-up converters, mixers, synthesizers and related circuitry is required.
- Hands on experience with building, integrating and troubleshooting circuits is required.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout would be an asset.
- Familiarity with DO-160G airborne qualification testing and AS9100/ISO9001 would be an asset.
- Familiarity with MMICs and hybrid circuit packaging would be an asset.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is required.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) would be an asset.
- Must be able to meet Canadian Control Goods Program (CGP) clearance.
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.