Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Assemble wire harnesses and cable assemblies
• Hand soldering of electronic parts including; Surface mount soldering, through-hole soldering, etc.
• Mechanical assembly using a variety of hand tools (wrenches, drivers, sockets, etc)
• Ability to read schematics and BOMs
• Hands-on experience in integration i.e. rack assembly, cable routing & termination, soldering etc.
Minimally Required Skills
• Associates degree or at least 7 years equivalent experience
• Proficient oral and written communication sills
• Detailed oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements
This position may be required to work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, and with or without reasonable accommodation is required to:
• Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
• Frequently operate a computer for extended periods of time and regularly operate other office productivity machines.
• Occasionally ascend/descend stairs and move up to 20 pounds of office objects
• Occasionally attend meetings in buildings outside corporate office
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.