The Compliance Engineer will review product and system designs to assure compliance with relevant EMC and safety requirements for their assigned product categories. Demonstrated knowledge and application of FCC and EN standards for product electrical emissions, immunity and functional safety regulatory concepts. Participation in regular staff meetings. Ability to work independently yet closely with all teams. Ability and willingness to learn processes, products, and nomenclature.
• Perform pre-compliance emissions testing and generate associated reports
• Coordinate to completion formal EMC testing at 3rd party test labs including Test Plans, negotiation with test lab, test performance and test lab reports.
• Perform product safety evaluations and generate associated reports
• Compile product technical files, declarations of conformity, and rationales for compliance stance
• Train and mentor other professionals to support the Compliance Engineering team.
• Understanding of commercial product functional (EMC and Safety) regulatory frameworks
• Report Generation related to technical issues arising from compliance evaluations including but not limited to: Obsolescence, ROHS, REACH, Hazardous Material, fungus, shelf life, ESD, flammability, etc.
• Provide technical assistance with: design engineering, material verification resolution, specification or drawing exceptions, supplier issues, and manufacturing related issues for assigned components.
• Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for EMC and Safety compliance of subsystems and system elements
• Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
• May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
• Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
• Regular contact with senior levels of internal work groups
• Contact with technical project managers nd other compliance professionals and with project teams across the company
• Keeps abreast of compliance regulation changes and trends
• Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient written and verbal communications skills
• Able to sell concepts and ideas
• Creative thinker
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks with team
• Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
• Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
• Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Proficient ability to clearly report relevant to sound systems engineering design
• Demonstrated familiarity with rough sketches, plans, engineering instructions and technical manuals
• Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with standard test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, vector network analyzer, counters, signal generators, spectrum analyzer, etc.)
• Familiarity with antenna systems, servo controls, radio frequency and digital AC and DC theory principles and applications
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical, environmental, or mechanical engineering and 3 years of relevant experience OR
• Advanced degree and 1 year of relevant experience OR
• In the absence of a degree, 7-10 years of relevant experience
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
• Self-motivated and proactive when seeking information
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• English language preferred
• Knowledge of electrical principles and electronic components
• Ability to interpret vendor data sheets and various types of engineering drawings: Schematics, Assembly drawings (Electrical and Mechanical), Bill of Materials
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, ability to maintain comprehensive status and summary metrics
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.