CPI employees work closely with our clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out secure departmental missions as well as commercial ground-to-orbit satellite communications. The selected candidate will collaborate with numerous teams to create, manage, and implement various CPI and client technologies.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary with generous health and personal benefits, the Senior RF Systems Engineer will enhance their skill-set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues working closely with engineers from other disciplines including servo, software, mechanical, production, and test personnel. This position is responsible for designing multiple types of ground based satellite antenna systems from mobile, small aperture units to large 34m fixed stations. These systems are used for specific commercial and government applications domestically as well as internationally. The candidate will have the opportunity to be a key contributor in developing radio telescopes, deep space communications systems, and programs designed to help protect our national interests. This opportunity provides you with the ability to work with a small, focused team of highly experienced engineers and managers.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
-Produce proposal responses for Earth station antenna systems including antenna and satellite standards research, generation of sysem specifications, engineering schedules, budgets, work breakdown structures (WBSs), and design documentation.
-Generate cascade performance prediction analyses through frequency conversion, perform satellite to Earth station terminal and terminal to satellite link budgets for VSAT, SOTM, and large aperture antenna systems
-Generate engineering documentation including Bill of Materials (BOMs), schematics, RF-system block diagrams, test procedures, technical memos, test reports, power consumption analyses, rack layouts, cabling diagrams to support program execution
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related specialized area of RF communications is required
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or a Master's Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skill Sets
• Use and understanding of RF systems engineering programs, concepts, principles, and theories
• Knowledge of full antenna systems operations
• Proficient with requirements management and system modeling tools
• Ability to recognize various architectural patterns and apply them appropriately
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Very strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to engage others and influence technical decisions on concepts and ideas
• Creative thinking in order to provide a path for the most cost effective solutions
• Ability to multi-task
• Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design and implementation
• Understanding of basic project/program execution principles
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense Confidential security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Domestic and International travel is required
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.