Communications & Power Industries is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications, defense and medical markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signal for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical industrial and scientific markets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Plans CNC machining by studying work orders, blueprints, CAD files, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
• Sets-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collects, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers
• Loads materials into CNC machines to be formed and shaped
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
• Adjusts machine speeds and feeds change cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
• Inspects products upon completion to ensure it matches specifications
• Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
• Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
• May mentor other employees
• Interfaces with employees and managers within the department and Manufacturing Engineering
• General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
• Clear Organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• Able to use mechanical hand and simple power tools
• Clear interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
• Ability to read and follow instructions including blueprints
• Ability to act as a liaison between other teams/functions
• Ability to exhibit adaptability/flexibility
• Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds