We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Assembler to assist in the production of satellite ground stations. A working lead that performs assembly, test and packing of tracking antennae. Principally responsible for the assembly of electro-mechanical machinery in accordance with exacting design specifications. Will also aid in the testing of fully assembled systems and in the disassembly for shipment. The lead will take direction from the Operation Supervisor and will delegate some tasks. Lead is responsible for following up with the crew to maintain records for cost and schedule.
• Ensure that Safety guidelines are always adhered to.
• Aid in the development of the work plan for the day and follow up with the crew to ensure both efficiency targets and schedule targets are met daily.
• Maintain shop disciplines (housekeeping, clean as you go and 5S)
• Work from assembly drawings, 3-D models, and other general documentation to carry out assembly procedures.
• Perform basic assembly operations to exacting tolerances, work with rotating shafts, gear trains, and mechanical structures.
• Use precise measuring instruments to eliminate run-out in motors and gear shafts, level machines, ensure correct dimensional tolerance, and check finishing specifications.
• Detect defective parts, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report to proper supervision.
• Complete necessary documentation to ensure quality and production requirements.
• Be an active participant in team meetings to communicate and help resolve any cost, quality, or production issues.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Proactive leader with problem solving abilities.
• Must be able to read blueprints and interpret complicated specifications.
• Must have extensive understanding of complex mechanical assembly.
• Understand and operate various hand and power tools involved in assembly.
• Willingness to assist assembly team with other duties as required.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills; be able to independently solve problems while interacting with various teams and teammates on daily processes and flow.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking various duties throughout the day, have a positive attitude with an ability to be versatile and flexible.