1. Develop and design system cable integration for Radio Frequency (RF) signal and M&C interface of communication and ground control equipment based on a System Block Diagram.
2. Design and develop cabling for Inter-Facility link along with associated installation kits
3. Assist project engineers and buyers to select COTS products such as cable products and passive RF components
4. Coordinate with other engineers to determine appropriate cables and cable layout for multiple subsystems and sub-assemblies
5. Prepare 3-D modeling (SolidWorks) layouts or 2-D (AutoCAD) detail drawings and sub-assembly drawings
6. Prepare wire lists and cable wiring diagrams
7. Provide technical support for system engineers and resolve engineering problems with minimal direction
8. Provide IFL (Inter-Facility Link) cables installation kit, antenna center hub integration cables, and RF equipment cables; identified with cable type, cable length, and gender-based connector type. This based on input such as IFL distance, antenna hub Layout, shelter rack layout, and site RF equipment layout.
1. Engineering degree and 5+ years of experience
2. Must have excellent communication skills
3. Communicate with vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, engineers, and program managers
1. Must be proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
3. Familiar with Configuration Management standard practices and tools
4. General familiarity with PDM/PLM tools
CPI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including lactation), age, national origin, including possessing a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code §12801.9, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, transition status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrolment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified veteran, status as an unpaid volunteer, or any other classification protected by law.