Under standard supervision,
• Responsible for planning and ordering material for production line builds.
• Importing BoMs (bills of material) from engineering tool into planning and scheduling tool.
• Be able to provide status on the set of projects assigned to you to upper management.
• Maintain inventory levels of material to satisfy demand.
• Work with Supply Chain employees to make sure material is delivered in an appropriate amount of time
Minimally Required Skills (including types of tools, equipment and materials used in the job)
• Professional experience using ERP tools (preferably IFS or JDE)
• Professional scheduling experience in engineering/manufacturing environment.
• Knowledgeable in the usage and tracking of government/customer furnished material.
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project)
• Strong organization skills.
• Good understanding of supply and demand practices.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
Minimum job requirements:
• High school diploma/GED required.
• 3+ years of experience in material planning.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to provide information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment to ensure all objectives are met for the work group.
• Limited supervision required; no instructions needed for routine work, and general instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
• Able to work in an industrial setting with environmental conditions such as heat, cold, and noise.