Location: Irving, TX
Security Clearance Required: Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Orbital Systems is actively seeking a Sales Application Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Actively engaged in both outside/inside, domestic and international selling activities for current products and capabilities to include advanced antennas.
• Works closely with operations, engineering, supply chain, contracts, and program management concerning operations and internal resource loading to ensure customer delivery commitments.
• Develops and qualifies potential leads and prospects.
• Prepares quotes and pricing in response to customer inquiries in accordance with company guidelines.
• Develop and communicates a firm understanding of the marketplace to include market, competition and customer trends.
• Develops, prepares, and executes an annual Sales & Marketing Plan for each applicable market. To include (but not limited to) market, customer, product, pricing, competitor, technical matters, advertising, tradeshows, budget, high level travel schedule as well as Sales & Marketing goals and objectives as they relate to the overall company strategy.
• Provides Initial engineering support to proposals.
• Post-installation and implementation responsibilities include technical consulting to customers and internal handoff.
• Prepares a variety of reports for management.
• Work closely with outside sales team to include quotations, training and customer issue resolution.
• Works with CPI SATCOM engineering, business development, sales staff and customers to assess potential application of company products to meet customer needs.
• Responsible for tradeshow strategy development.
• Work closely with the tradeshow coordinator and attends company tradeshows.
• Work closely with the Director of Business Development.
• Ability to prepare and presents technical product information to customers regarding all aspects of company products and detailed customer installation requirements.
• Experience developing product specifications and requirements.
• Experience conducting market research to determine requirements for current and future products as well as potential partner relationships for the product.
• Proficient data research and analyzes skills.
Minimum job requirements (including degrees, licenses and/or certifications):
• BS degree in electrical or RF engineering or other relevant technical field.
• 10 years’ experience in an active selling role - antenna related products preferred
• 8 year’ experience selling Military Defense and/or Aerospace products or services.
• Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Possess written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
• Ability to report information relevant to sound sales engineering.
• Ability to understand the basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
• Subject matter expert (SME) in antenna RF
Preferred job requirements:
• Technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of managers and functions within and outside of engineering.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Proven ability to resolve diverse and complex problems, which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Ability to travel domestic and international up to 33%.
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance within 24 months is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.