CPI SATCOM has an immediate opening for a Sr Program Finance/Accounting Specialist to join our Finance team in Plano, TX. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. CPI SATCOM employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work within collaborative teams to develop plans for and monitor the financial performance of CPI SATCOM. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Finance Analyst will enhance their skill-set among a talented and professionally accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
This position provides independent financial support and control to several high-risk/opportunity programs. This position reports to a Finance Manager but will regularly interface with management and personnel from all areas of Finance, Contracts, and Program Management. Candidate must be a partner to the program team and perform in a consultative manner to manage the program financially and provide a variety of complex analyses. In addition, this positon supports the monthly accounting close processes.
• Performs accounting activities for assigned programs to include writing and processing journal vouchers and project accounting transactions to record received orders, cost of sales, and required accruals in support of month-end close process.
• Logs and enters modifications to contracts to adjust contract value.
• Identifies and rectifies inaccurate charges and ensures proper allocation of contract value, billings and payments.
• Analyzes accounts for assigned programs to identify and report on risk and funding issues.
• Manages the balance sheet and performs reconciliation of some asset accounts.
• Prepares customer financial reports and provides to customer as required by contract.
• Prepares time-phased orders, sales, margin, and contract investment forecasts in support of budgets, strategic plans, and current outlook and re-assesses profit projections according to actual bookings and alters projections accordingly to account for variances.
• Prepares and analyzes summary financial status report, summary element of cost, and investment summary reports or other to establish profit accrual rate consistent with program Estimate at Completion.
• Provides ongoing financial support throughout the life of the program for subcontractors to include monitoring billings, payments, cost forecasts, and closeout activity.
• Presents financial status of assigned programs, including orders, funding, sales, profit, and cash flow actuals and projections to program management during formal monthly review process.
• Initiates, reviews, and approves invoices, responds to customer invoice inquiries, and resolves invoicing issues.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis to support major program initiatives as directed by Program Management and Finance Management.
• Supports proposal activities including modeling potential financial results, developing proposal estimate rationale, documentation, preparing internal rate of return, present value and payback analyses, and labor projections.
• Ensures that inter-company transactions comply with agreements.
Minimally Preferred Skills
• Experience in government contracting environment is strongly preferred.
Minimum job requirements (including degrees, licenses and/or certifications):
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience is required. Master's degree is preferred. In addition, a minimum of four years of directly related experience is required; a minimum of six years directly related experience is preferred.
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance within 24 months is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.