FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting Manager: Supervisor/Lead
Security Clearance Required: No
Manage the development and execution of the CPI SAT Tactical & VSAT Product Line strategies to achieve the P&L objective and work with regional account teams as key contact point to win and grow this business.
Manage the Tactical & VSAT Antenna product line from womb-to-tomb including the ability to decipher and articulate product development concepts based on market vision, working with early adopters and key contributors. A keen balance of technical and business acumen that enables conveyance of product development concepts, planning, and teaming with engineering to execute the vision. Ability to define and communicate meaningful performance/design differentiation for new products while addressing obsolescence of mature products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Define and execute the product line strategies. Define the value prop. Develop and execute product line plan.
• Define and communicate product sales prioritization and sales direction. Provide sales strategy and value prop training.
• Develop 5-year P&L strategy that aligns with division level growth objectives
• Work with regional sales manager to develop sales plan and identify key parts opportunities. Support and follow up with account team/customers to win.
• Interact with Sales, Forecasting, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Quality, and R&D to assure that customers’ needs are understood and met.
• Work with manufacturing to address customer’s issues in price, spec, and delivery.
• Work with planning team to provide the feedback and do risk adjustment.
• Work with supply chain to improve profitability and drive cost reduction.
• Understand drivers of P&L and identify plans to achieve the goals.
• Build and lead the team for business continuity, team efficiency, and healthy culture.
• Work with AMs and competitive/market intelligence teams to understand industry trends and translate them into new product development, new program and project opportunities, and Product line Plans.
• Work with Engineering and Sales on a new product road map.
• Understanding of certification process (Eutelsat, Intelsat, ARSTRAT)
• Support creation of market collateral
• We require a Bachelor Degree, (Business Technical preferred) an MBA (preferred) or 10 years of applicable/user experience
• We are seeking 3+ years’ work experience in a P&L management, strategy function or a similar business
• Highly logical and strategic in thinking
• Strong analytical skill
• Data driven decision making
• Related industry experience
• Experience in process development
• Ability to multitask and work with a diverse group
• Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities
• Excellent organizational and communicational skills
Minimum job requirements:
• Related work experience
Preferred job requirements:
• Previous product management or general management experience
• Previous experience working in a multi-national organization
• Creative problem solver with experience identifying unmet customer needs and developing viable product solutions
• Approximately 25% travel (domestic and international).
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.