Reporting Manager: Supervisor/Lead
Security Clearance Required: No
We are actively seeking someone for our Welding Tech 1 position with experience to join our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Welds metal components together with brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, and plant equipment
• Performs welding processes on aluminum and/or steel parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys
• Must be able to pass welding certification tests
• Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding
• Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts
• Locates and repairs cracks in products and equipment
• Maintains clean work area
• Operates lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinning machines, duplicating, and profile machines, brakes and shears
• Determines layouts and welds parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
• Delegates work to less experienced employees and provides mentoring
• Trains less experience employees to build quality product with in the time standard
• Acts as a point of contact for other welders, customers, and suppliers when the supervisor is unavailable
• Participates in continuous improvement meetings, and shares knowledge for improvement actions
• Under minimal supervision, interprets drawings, sketches, and/or preliminary designs, and produces weldments from that interpretation
• Interacts with employees and managers across the company, to include vendors
• May need to operate a vehicle or forklift
• Work done with minimal supervision
• Work may be done without established procedures
• Strong reading comprehension skills to understand drawings, work orders or written instructions
• Strong mathematical skills to perform basic calculations
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
• Ability to work under time pressure
• Ability to work independently
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to delegate work
• Strong leadership skills
• Pass welding tests and holds certifications to meet AWS D1.1 guidelines
• Strong computer skills.
Minimum job requirements:
Associate’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Welding certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.