Principally responsible for the assembly of cables and modules in accordance with exacting design specifications.
• Coaxial cables (many different size and connectors, flex and solid center conductors)
• Industrial automation connectors (panel connectors and ferrules, drive connectors, motor connectors, cutting and terminating equipment)
• MS connectors (all kinds of variations and sealing operations)
• Commercial electronics connectors (mini and micro fit on medium speed termination equipment)
• Hi flex cable assemblies (WL Gore / LEONI cores and PTFE sleeves with heat-shrink and special clamps)
Will also aid in the testing of fully assembled cables and modules. Verify and inspect all components produced in the cable lab.
• Fabricates and tests cable assemblies following blueprints specifications, using measuring instruments, hand tools, and machines.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders and specifications to define sequence of operations, type & size of cable fittings required, quantity and finished dimensions.
• Measures & cuts cable to required length, considering cable stretch metal flow resulting from swaging operations, using cable cutter or saw.
• Selects installs dies, jigs, shims, or other accessories in swaging machine, using hand tools.
• Assembles fittings onto cable in specified location.
• Positions fitting cable between dies of swaging machine and depresses pedal to activate machine that swages fittings onto cable, turning cable assembly by hand as fitting is swaged onto cable.
• Verifies dimensions of cable assembly position of fittings, using measuring instruments.
• Tests holding capacity of cable assembly, using proof loading machines.
• Repairs reworks cable assemblies as required.
• May form loops or splices in cables, using clamps fittings, or by reweaving cable strands.
• May apply lubricants protective coatings to cable assemblies.
• May operate crimping machine.
• May mark identifying information on cable assemblies.
• May fabricate cable templates...
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Maintain shop disciplines (housekeeping, clean as you go and 5S)
• Work from assembly drawings, 3-D models, and other general documentation to carry out assembly procedures.
• Perform basic assembly operations to exacting tolerances
• Use precise measuring instruments
• correct dimensional tolerance, and check finishing specifications.
• Detect defective parts, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report to proper supervision.
• Complete necessary documentation to ensure quality and production requirements.
• Be an active participant in team meetings to communicate and help resolve any cost, quality, or production issues.
• Assist engineering with R&D.
• Must have problem solving abilities.
• Must be able to read blueprints and interpret complicated specifications.
• Must have extensive understanding of complex mechanical assembly, cable assembly and module assembly.
• Understand and operate various hand and power tools involved in assembly and cable making.
• Willingness to assist assembly team with other duties as required.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills; be able to independently solve problems while interacting with various teams and teammates on daily processes and flow.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking various duties throughout the day, have a positive attitude with an ability to be versatile and flexible.
• Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to perform various duties requiring constant alertness and activity.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Typically requires 5+ years wiring experience
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer