Reporting Manager: Supervisor/Lead
Security Clearance Required: No
Serves as the technical resource to various disciplines for electrical and mechanical component, materials, and related process support. Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new or replacement components for product development requirements and existing manufacturing activity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
Under standard supervision,
• Uses technical knowledge and skills to contribute to projects as a team member.
• Analyzes material data, parametric data, preference codes, and obsolescence prediction data for assigned components.
• General technical support including activities associated with Bidding/Negotiating, Data Collection, and Analysis.
• Report Generation related to technical issues including but not limited to: Obsolescence, ROHS, REACH, Hazardous Material, fungus, shelf life, ESD, flammability, etc.
• Provide technical assistance with: design engineering, material verification resolution, specification or drawing exceptions, supplier issues, and manufacturing related issues for assigned components.
• Understand preferred technologies, sources of supply, and acceptance criteria per assigned components.
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend new components or materials and manufacturers for new product requirements and for improving existing manufacturing process yields.
• Demonstrated familiarity with rough sketches, plans, engineering instructions and technical manuals
• Demonstrated familiarity with all types of radio frequency equipment and components (power amplifiers, filters and feeds).
• Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with standard test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, vector network analyzer, counters, signal generators, spectrum analyzer, etc.)
• Familiarity with antenna systems, servo controls, radio frequency and digital AC and DC theory principles and applications
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of standard operating procedures
Minimum job requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
• Advanced degree and 1 year of relevant experience OR
• In the absence of a degree, 5 years of relevant experience
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of electrical principles and electronic components
• Ability to interpret vendor data sheets and various types of engineering drawings: Schematics, Assembly drawings (Electrical and Mechanical), Bill of Materials
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, ability to maintain comprehensive status and summary metrics
Preferred job requirements
• Background in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering is a strong plus
• Working knowledge of product commercial regulatory EMC and safety requirements
• Experience generating technical documentation to support product commercial regulatory approvals
• Ability to interpret mechanical material and processes used in the end item for REACH and RoHS compliance
• Proficient in researching electrical and electromechanical part numbers to find design and compliance documentation, including communicating with vendors
• Identify suitable replacements for COTS discrete components, ideally form, fit, function, and material compliant; when not possible, estimate the corresponding redesign effort
• Ability to resolve part number discrepancies between different data systems, e.g. Engineering Document Control and Manufacturing Material Requirements Planning systems
• Experience or knowledge of Silicon Expert, Product Center, and/or JD Edwards
• Ability to meet face to face occasionally depending on program requirements
• Location: Remote or In office (Plano, TX)
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer