We are actively seeking an experienced Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our multi-disciplined Cyber Security team.
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) at the Communications and Power Industries LLC (CPI) Satellite and Antenna Technologies (SAT) facility in Plano, TX. The ISSO is responsible for the Cybersecurity program under the supervision of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): The National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), ICDs/DCIDs and other related documentation e.g. Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, DCSA Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM), NIST & STIG Guidelines as well as customer/contract specific Cybersecurity regulations. The ISSO is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Information System Security policies, strategies, procedures and settings within the CPI SAT classified environment.
- Security sustainment activities (hardware/software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.).
- Conducting continuous monitoring, internal self-inspections and audit reviews.
- Delivering information systems security education and awareness training.
- This position will also be responsible for conducting and/or assisting with investigations related to any information systems security violation involving classified information.
- This position interfaces with other CPI SAT Cybersecurity team members, other security disciplines (e.g. Industrial Security and Special Programs Security, etc.), system administrators, program personnel and USG security representatives.
Minimally Required Skills:
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and possesses good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results.
- Confident personality with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities.
- Candidate must have demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Candidate should demonstrate a desire for continuous education and cross-discipline training
- Candidate must be willing to develop presentation and teaching skills to promote the INFOSEC culture.
Minimum job requirements (including degrees, licenses and/or certifications):
- 3+ years’ experience as an ISSO (or equivalent position) overseeing cybersecurity on classified and/or unclassified systems.
- Experience working with Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, NIST 800-53, CNSSI 1253 and other applicable security publications, guidance and directives.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security; experience configuring Windows operating systems, experience with server systems, system virtualization (VMs) and other related peripherals.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with certification/authorization requirements as outlined in the NISPOM, RMF, ICD 503/DCID, JSIG, STIG/SRG and other USG IS/Security-related policies.
- Knowledge and experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, Unix systems.
-- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
- Experience in implementing Windows Active Directory Services, Group Policy, or Linux LDAP Services.
- Applied experience with Windows PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Experience in continuous monitoring, including security compliance scanning (Nessus, SCAP)
- Candidate must provide evidence of DoD 8570 IAM Level II-III compliance: CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or associate), GSLC or CCISO; or, obtain requisite certification within 6 months of hire date. Minimum of Sec+ is required.
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, an active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer