Summary of Position:
The position is responsible for precision mechanical mandrel assembly and associated sub-assemblies for the manufacturing of the Satcom RF components. Some soldering and brazing experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assemble components by examining each part for exact fit with precision deburring; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
• Follow technical instructions; interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms to assemble mandrels and components to build complex units.
• Take precision measurements (i.e. height gauge, dial caliper, micrometer, indicator, conductivity testing and pin gauge) and verify specifications to ensure perfect fit of components.
• Resolve assembly problems by working with the mfg. engineering/support/QA to meet specifications.
• Diligently follow work instructions to ensure product specs, tolerances and quality levels are met
• Contribute to a safe working environment by following safety requirements
• Work in a team environment to assemble components and main assemblies
• Meet or exceed productivity and quality goals
• Visually inspect assemblies
• Proactively participate in site Lean engagement and activities.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 7+ years of related precision mechanical assembly experience with the ability to interpret mechanical assembly drawings and follow work instructions; soldering and brazing experience is a plus.
• Precision deburring to fit aluminum and copper components together with precision accuracy.
• Ability to read instructions represented in the work instructions, drawings, schematics and follow them with precision.
• Basic Computer skills
• Must observe and adhere to all safety requirements
• Ability to use calipers, basic measuring tools, and fixtures for in-process inspection.
• High attention to detail
• Location: CPI Office, Torrance, CA
• Primarily in office setting. Sitting & standing
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.