CPI Radant, located in Stow and Hudson MA, is an aerospace division that produces both government and commercial radomes (antenna coverings) from design through manufacturing.
The Composites Engineer provides engineering support for the design, test and manufacture of radomes, antenna reflectors and other related composite products for aircraft, ship, submarine, and ground based applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Project engineering support of composite structures in development and production program
• Reviewing customer/product specifications
• Development of manufacturing process specifications for building composite radomes including the tools, fixtures, materials, and assembly procedures for all products
• Maintaining reliable process procedures/product quality and status
• Process improvements
• Technical writing, including reports and work instructions
• Data collection, manufacturing material allowances (BOM)
• Estimating manufacturing allowances for proposals
• Demonstrated familiarity with tooling concepts, material testing, reading and interpreting drawings, familiarity with CAD
• Familiarity with rough sketches, plans, engineering instructions and technical manuals
• Willing to consider entry level candidates with materials and related degrees
Minimally Required Skills (including types of tools, equipment and materials used in the job)
• Demonstrated familiarity with MS Office tools
• Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with standard test equipment
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of standard operating procedures
Minimum job requirements:
• Possess Bachelors (BS) degree in an engineering discipline or related training
• 1 – 3 years related manufacturing engineering experience
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.