• Quality and Manufacturing Engineering support to various programs, product lines and production process areas; primarily in Airborne products
• Supporting objectives for customer advocacy, regulatory compliance and competitiveness
• Interfacing regularly with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Customers to ensure that CPI Radant’s Quality Management System and contractually defined quality requirements are understood, properly documented, flowed down, and implemented
• Experience with Airborne Customer Documentation requirements and FAA Certification projects required. These would include, but not limited to:
- FAA Conformity Inspections
- Interface with the MIDO
- Interface with DER’s, DAR’s, or ODA
• Qualification, Reliability and FMEA plans/processes
• Experience with new product development
• Liaison activities with customers, DER’s, DAR’s, MIDO and/or MIDO and suppliers on all program activities
• Engineering and Operations support to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
• Participation in support for subcontractors to confirm compliance to quality requirement
- Review trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing yields, supplier history for participation in process improvement efforts
- Conduct thorough root cause and corrective action analyses
- Initiate corrective/preventive action, investigation, and follow-up of adverse quality findings
• Performing design review activities including inspect ability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
• Analyzing product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers:
- Performs MRB duties
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods
- Interfacing with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training preferred
• Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Window interface, Microsoft Office package: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, DOE, ANOVA, CMM (Faro Arm), NDI
• Understanding of mechanical/ electrical engineering and systems integration
• Knowledge of government and industry specs, standards, and regulations and their applicability to complex systems.
• Understanding of AS9100D requirements
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Preferred Additional Skills:
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
• Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.