ESSCO is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of ground-based radomes, including composite and metal space frame radomes, shipboard and airborne radomes, as well as precision reflectors and antenna products.
ESSCO, a division of CPI, is currently seeking an onsite talented Quality Assurance Inspector (QAI) for our diverse radome and reflector product lines at our Ayer, MA facility. ESSCO is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of ground-based radomes, including composite and metal space frame radomes, shipboard and airborne radomes, as well as precision reflectors and antenna products.
The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
The Quality Assurance Inspector (QAI) reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. Responsible, under minimum supervision, for maintaining the quality management system processes and procedures in accordance with established ISO requirements and customer specifications. Assists in determining the process for addressing customer problems, implementing plans to improve quality across the factory, and measuring how well the company is doing and providing a strategy to achieve our quality goals.
· Perform inspections on product lines to ensure compliance with customer requirements and company specifications
· Use measuring tools where required, to ensure products and tooling meet specifications
· Inspector must maintain the highest ethical standards while performing inspections
· Document rejected or non-conforming material reports. Schedule Material Review Board Meetings
· Perform incoming inspection for all raw stock and procured components as well as manufactured parts applicable to all Product Lines. Document results in company data base
· Responsible for external calibration program, working with outside supplier to maintain tools and equipment are maintained.
· Responsible for updating and filing information related to tool control
· Interfaces with other groups in problem resolution, and continual improvement. Assists in investigation of customer complaints, product deviations from specification and unusual occurrences (e.g., deviations from process standards) and recommends remedial action.
· Ability to use measuring equipment such as FARO Arm, Laser Tracker, NDI, perform EM Analysis and use calipers, pin gages, protractors and other hand measuring tools as needed
· Assists Quality Assurance Director with special projects and performs other duties as required or directed by manager.
· Minimum 3 years experience with quality background and familiarity with AS9100 certified quality assurance department.
· Experienced in Incoming and In-Process inspection procedures, preferably in a shop fabrication environment using sampling plans per ANSI/ASQC Z1.4, where applicable.
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, standards, military specs and test procedures.
· Experienced in the use and application of Inspection tools and equipment, electronic test equipment, microscopes as well as computer skills in Microsoft Office programs to enter data and generate routine reports.
· Ability to communicate and work with Government Quality Specialists, Customer Representatives, Suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other company disciplines.
· Ability to read, write and speak English.
· High School graduate and/or Technical degree and a minimum of three years experience in Quality Assurance.
· Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment with strong ISO background.
· Ability to understand and statistically analyze data, create quality charts, and use standard quality tools to make decisions.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Must be able to think and perform strategically as well as tactically, to help ensure the company’s future success.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Access™),
· Strong analytical and Excel skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.