ESSCO is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of ground-based radomes, including composite and metal space frame radomes, shipboard and airborne radomes, as well as precision reflectors and antenna products.
ESSCO, a division of CPI, is currently seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) for our diverse radome and reflector product lines at our Ayer, MA facility. The Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) position will provide Quality and Manufacturing Engineering support to various programs, product lines and production process areas; primarily in Airborne products. The QAE’s responsibilities support objectives for customer advocacy, regulatory compliance and competitiveness. The QAE interfaces regularly with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Customers to ensure that CPI ESSCO’s Quality Management System and contractually defined quality requirements are understood, properly documented, flowed down, and implemented. Experience with Airborne Customer Documentation requirements and FAA Certification projects required. These would include, but not limited to:
· Interface with the MIDO, preferably experience working in a Part 145 Repair Station.
· Interface with DER’s, DAR’s, or ODA.
· Qualification, Reliability and FMEA plans/processes.
· Experience with new product development
o Facility requirements
o Equipment requirements
o Written procedures related to facilities, equipment, cleanliness, FOD control.
· Provides liaison activities with customers, DER’s, DAR’s, MIDO and/or MIDO and suppliers on all program activities
· Support Engineering and Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
· Participate in support for subcontractors to confirm compliance to quality requirements
· Review trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing yields, supplier history for participation in process improvement efforts
· Conduct thorough root cause and corrective action analyses
· Initiate corrective/preventive action, investigation, and follow-up of adverse quality findings.
· Perform design review activities including inspect ability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
· Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
· Performs MRB duties
· Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods.
· Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or equivalent discipline), from four-year college or university and a minimum five years related experience and/or training.
· Strong knowledge of computer application software, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACCESS required.
· Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, DOE, ANOVA, CMM (Faro Arm), NDI.
· Understanding of mechanical/ electrical engineering and systems integration.
· Knowledge of government and industry specs, standards, and regulations and their applicability to complex systems.
· Understanding of AS9100D requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
· Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
· Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Access™),
· Strong analytical and Excel skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.