Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
Control and track inventory while supplying work orders, parts, materials & support to Production Floor and other departments as required to keep work flowing.
• Distribute materials to production floor and complete accurate computer transactions
• Kit hardware & materials for work orders
• Daily cycle count inventory
• Receive all incoming materials, label and process to QC, location, or dept.
• Monitor Shelf Life of inventory & process requalification or disposal as required
• Help pull material from freezer as needed and process OT sheets & transfers
• Monitor emails, phones & service window to provide parts, materials, & assistance as needed.
• Safely move materials around shop as needed using fork truck, pallet jack, crane, dolly etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel)
• Ability to communicate well in person, by email and phone & to follow direction
• Good Math & problem-solving skills
• Good work ethic and attendance
• Team player willing and able to be flexible and multitask
Minimum job requirements (including degrees, licenses and/or certifications):
• Valid Driver’s license
• Excellent work history
• Ability to Read, Write and communicate English
• Basic knowledge of industrial supplies hazardous materials & tools
• Eligible to work in the US and pass a background check
Preferred job requirements:
• Experience or Knowledge of Production Bill of material & ERP system processes
• Purchase order receiving experience
• Experience with Inventory Control
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.