Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
CPI Radant is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Quality Team and support Quality Engineering and Quality Control (QC) functions. This person will be responsible for Supplier QA, Quality Management System (QMS) development, support product inspectors, and conduct statistical analysis as needed.
• Perform Supplier QA functions such as evaluation and re-evaluation of suppliers. Ensure all supplier quality questionnaires are sent, returned, reviewed, and records maintained.
• Generate and distribute Supplier scorecards.
• Act as liaison between CPI and suppliers.
• Support the MRB Coordinator during and as a result of MRB meetings.
• Review purchase orders for compliance.
• Facilitate the Supplier Corrective process and work closely with suppliers to ensure sufficient root cause and corrective action.
• Perform statistical analysis as needed and maintain metrics.
• Author procedures and interpret specifications.
• Assist Quality Team in development of ISO/AS QMS.
• Participate as a member of the Internal Audit Team.
• Review drawings and documents for final approval.
• Generate, maintain, and post KPI metrics.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a QA/QC environment.
• User experience with ERP/MRP systems.
• Proficient in computer applications such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Good writing and communications skills.
• Very organized with the ability to multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work autonomously or in a team environment.
• Experience working within an ISO9001 environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must be US citizen or permanent resident.
• Must pass a background check since select applicants should be eligible for security clearance
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.