Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
CPI Radant is an Aerospace Company that provides composite coverings (radomes) for communications equipment on airplanes, aircraft carriers and submarines.
We need individuals for both 1st and 2nd shift and provide flexible work schedules and overtime opportunities.
We will fully train anyone with a desire to learn in a team environment. Since we produce a unique product line, some experience in manufacturing is helpful, but not required.
- Fabricating parts, products and assemblies from written instructions and associated sketches.
- Manually laying-up assemblies of composite parts using various resin reinforced fabrics and lab hand tools such as cutting tools, heat guns, templates, etc.
- Working with a team to meet schedules and implement action lists to complete tasks and goals.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Physically agile and able to work standing for moderate periods of time.
- Able to push/pull/lift up to 30 pounds.
- May possibly work at elevated heights on scaffolding platforms and small spaces.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.