Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
CPI Radant Technologies Division is currently seeking a reliable, self-starting, hardworking and independent CNC machinist for the machine shop in our Composite Manufacturing Facility.
· Working with Engineers on various projects for composite products consisting of epoxy/glass and epoxy/graphite as well as standard metals.
· Setting up own work on the machines and problem solve with engineering support.
· Fabricating tooling and fixtures for use in our products.
· Reading Drawings with basic and geometrical tolerances.
· Verifying the accuracy of produced parts.
This is a full time first shift position.
· Familiarity with Master Cam software and programing.
· Experience in setting and adjusting tool offsets as required to maintain tolerances.
· Ablity to Work with heavy large products.
· Valid driver’s license.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.