Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Works in a cleanroom environment to construct a variety of microwave tube devices within a product line per written procedures, instructions and mechanical drawings.
• Uses specified hand tools and equipment to organize and record measured data per manufacturing documentation.
• Operates various braze furnaces, welding equipment, vacuum leak check equipment and cold test equipment used in assembly of microwave tubes.
• Works in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment with specific production objectives for cycle-time and throughput.
• Works to specific safety, quality and security requirements and instructions.
• Maintains assigned work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Previous related experience and/or education a plus.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
• Must be able to read mechanical drawings.
• Good communications skills.
• Ability to use a microscope for extended periods of time.
• Willing to work overtime and weekends, as needed.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.