Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Assemble vacuum electron devices and sub-assemblies from drawing and written documentation in a productive clean room environment.
• Operate RF brazing station, Hydrogen bell jar brazing station, spot welder, laser welder, test/measurement equipment, various hand tools, fixtures, and other equipment.
• Perform leak checking on various assemblies.
• Related assembly experience desirable.
• Must possess good manual dexterity and ability to work with a microscope.
• Excellent communication skills and good proficiency in reading and writing in English.
• Ability to read, interpret and work from established drawings/documentation.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Capable of becoming certified in critical processes.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds may be required.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.