Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Performs a variety of production tasks of chemical cleaning and plating of machined parts and assemblies.
• Racks and unracks parts and assemblies for processing.
• Uses microscope and magnafying lite for bench checking work to ensure quality requirements are met.
• Mixes and blends chemicals for process bath make ups.
• Performs associated maintenance (i.e. filter changes, anode cleaning & tank wipe downs) requirements for processing baths.
• Works to specific safety, quality and security requirements and instructions.
• Maintain assigned work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Able to work around chemicals
• Manual dexterity required.
• US citizenship and the ability to receive a DOD security clearance is required.
• Able to lift 20-40 pounds in a regular basis.
• Able to work overtime.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.