Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Responsible for new product development and technical support for production.
• Leads and performs the design, simulation, prototyping, fabrication, assembly, and validation of vacuum electronics components and systems.
• Develops and improves engineering process and work instructions for building high quality vacuum tubes.
• Collaborates with colleagues as a part of dynamic team for new product development and technical support for production.
• Writes and reviews technical documents, reports, and proposals.
• Assists with professional development of junior engineers and technicians.
• Reports/discusses daily and weekly updates of projects and jobs to the direct supervisor.
• 1-2 years of experience in vacuum electronics or any other relevant technology.
• Experience with EM/RF and PIC simulations to some extent (e.g. HFSS and CST).
• Must have a passion for hands-on work and problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work on a team and be a team player.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.