Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Assumes responsibility for technical assignments involving basic or applied research or the design and development of Helix Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) products including the product development, testing, modification and evaluation of new and legacy devices in production.
• Recognizes design problems and errors and takes correction action.
• Monitors the progress of assigned devices, components or systems to ensure that technical problems are solved.
• Develops cost estimates for products and projects.
• Assists engineering management in developing proposals for new technical programs which will lead to new or improved products.
• Works with cross functional teams (other departments), such as Purchasing, Production Control, Marketing, Customer service, Quality Assurance, and others as needed to carry-out project tasks to meet strategic departmental/organizational goals.
• Maintains a high level of technical competence, ethics, and state of the art awareness.
• Directs engineering and technical support personnel as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Experience with Helix or other TWT design, development. production, troubleshooting and testing experience preferred.
• Able to manage products, complex development projects and programs independently with little supervision.
• Hands-on experience with a deep understanding of engineering principles, concepts in vacuum science, materials and process engineering, manufacturing science, etc.
• Must have a passion for hands-on work and problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work on a team and be a team player.
• US citizenship and the ability to receive a DOD security clearance is required.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.