• Works in a machine shop environment in support of manufacturing.
• Operates various types of manual lathes, mills and other metal working equipment.
• Performs various machining processes on a variety of microwave tube assemblies and fixtures.
• Performs own set ups, break downs and maintains quality assurance on a wide variety of production machines.
• Produces quality components with minimal supervision.
• Works in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment with specific production objectives for cycle-time and throughput.
• Must be able to interpret production drawings and make required adjustments to product zero defect components.
• Must be physically able to handle chucks, fixtures, materials, lathe components and subassemblies safely.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Must be able to effectively interact with other team members in a cooperative and customer responsive environment.
• Good communications skills required.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings required.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.