• Recognizes design problems and errors and takes correction action.
• Monitors the progress of assigned devices, components or systems to ensure that technical problems are solved.
• Develops cost estimates for products and projects.
• Assists engineering management in developing proposals for new technical programs which will lead to new or improved products.
• Works with cross functional teams (other departments), such as Purchasing, Production Control, Marketing, Customer service, Quality Assurance, and others as needed to carry-out project tasks to meet strategic departmental/organizational goals.
• Maintains a high level of technical competence, ethics, and state of the art awareness.
• Directs engineering and technical support personnel as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Experience with Helix or other TWT design, development. production, troubleshooting and testing experience preferred.
• Able to manage products, complex development projects and programs independently with little supervision.
• Hands-on experience with a deep understanding of engineering principles, concepts in vacuum science, materials and process engineering, manufacturing science, etc.
• Must have a passion for hands-on work and problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work on a team and be a team player.
• US citizenship and the ability to receive a DOD security clearance is required.
CPI values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.