Communications & Power Industries (CPI), headquartered in Palo Alto, California, is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. With a heritage of technological excellence that spans decades, CPI develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company has manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, and sales, service and engineering offices around the world.
• Working from mechanical drawings and written documentation, assembles coupled cavity tubes.
• Duties include operating various brazing and welding equipment, taking measurements with precision instruments, light machining and leak checking assemblies.
• Works with product engineer to troubleshoot assembly problems and support product development.
• Tube Technician C requires high school diploma or general education degree.
• Must be able to read mechanical drawings and have good communications skills
• Must be able to use a microscope for extended periods of time and be able to lift 50 lbs.
• US citizenship and the ability to pass a security background check required.
• Prior GTAW experience required.
• Prior Hydrogen Bell Jar (RF/Torch), Open Air Torch, Leak Check and RSW certification desired.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.